Unfortunately, a lot of small businesses still don’t understand the importance of blogging. Launching a static website is no longer an option in 2010. Every website should be dynamic, and adding a Blog section is the easiest (and best way) to achieve that. You should not even be thinking about SEO or Social Media Marketing if you don’t have a blog. Content is King. Think Content first, then Marketing… Here are 5 reasons why you should have a Blog:
- Web Presence: Having a Blog Gives You and Your an Business Online Presence, Especially if you can get a URL with all or part of your business name in it.
- Talk About Your Services: most businesses have a static “Services” page that never changes. This is not the way to go in 2010. With a blog, you can continuously update your audience about new products/services or changes in your existing services or inform them of new promotions/giveaways. Also, you are creating internal backlinks to your services page which is excellent for SEO.
- Position Yourself as an Expert: A Blog Allows you to position yourself as an expert year while letting customers and prospect customers learn more about you. By Creating helpful or informative posts on topics relating to your specialty, you are showing that you are a professional authority in your field. It’s okay to let your personality shine through in your posts, but remember to keep your posts as professional as possible.
- Helps with your SEO: this was already mentioned before, but it’s worth mentioning again! Fresh Content being posted to your blog on a regular basis will skyrocket your SEO efforts. Google simply loves fresh content! To make the most out of it, try to add links to specific sections of your website (using relevant keywords) from your posts. Internal links are just as valuable as external links. This is something that a lot of people ignore.
- Networking: Blogging provides a wonderful Opportunity for networking with potential clients. If you leave your commenting turned On (and you really should!), you will have the opportunity to “discuss” your posts with perspective clients and peers. If someone leaves a comment on your posts, not only do you Have the chance to answer them, but you can also visit their blog and get to “know” them a little better. Keep this trend going and you’ll see a regular community of commenters always coming back to comment on your posts.
If you don’t have a website yet but are thinking of launching one soon, we strongly suggest you incorporate a Blog section in it right from the start. WordPress is your best friend when it comes to setting up a blog. It has amazing blogging functionalities and tons of cool plugins to choose from. Check out our Web Development Services Section for website packages that include a WordPress Blog.